Sunday, July 27, 2008
Blog Debut
Blogging! Let me just say I am so excited to start blogging! Lately it seems like everybody and their mom and their dog and their news network of choice has a blog! As someone who must write, journal, text, and talk incessantly, I think it's high time I a found yet another way to communicate, and so I climb aboard the blog bandwagon. I admit that several times I have made a mental note of an event I would later report on my would-be blog. One such mentally noted event occured while with (who else?) my super hip mom Juli. On Tuesday we stumbled across a most interesting restaurant.
The quirky name "The Banana Leaf" caught our attention, so we ventured inside. Before we could even walk through the glass door into the lime green room you could almost hear the record scratch sound denoting awkwardness as all the Indian patrons looked at us in horror with an expression that seemed to say "How in the name of Ganesh did the foreigners find our haven of deliciousness?" After a few moments of mutual gawking a friendly Indian lady seated us and we went on to enjoy our giganormous buffet of rice and curries and a never ending supply of other unidentifiable vegetarian delights.
Note: The huge hubcap-like platter
Note: Juli's pleasant yet skeptical expression throughout the meal (Note: the "Rose" flavored smoothie -which actually tasted like a flower- and the cute little old Indian lady behind her)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
YAY!!!! Welcome to the blogging world! SO glad you have decided to join :-) Banana Leaf in San Fran I'm assuming? You always did have brave taste buds...
ps- i love the pink pleated dress on our esty web site- i am a sucker for pleats. it looks good on you!
I love Indian food.Though it sounds pretty San Francisco like in name...I believe its in Columbus!
Will there be a section on your blog on Economics? :)
This is acutally in Columbus believe it or not!!! Just on Bethel behind Johnny Bucellis! And no Dad, there will not be a segment on Economics. Although the indian food was very reasonably priced. :-P
They have those exact hubcaps over at Udipi. They must be the traditional Indian mode of food conveyance. From traditional Indian car wheels.
Just bring Summer with you next time. She's on a first name basis with the owners of every veg place in Columbus. Perhaps the world.
Post a Comment