Friday, January 9, 2009

Fear of Sleep

Ohhh the pain. I finally understand the perils of sleep deprivation. This whole week, my sleep schedule has been all over the place, some nights with 8 hours and some with less than 3 for no good reason (don't pity me). Last night I got a hardy 6 hours and yet this morning I could hardly stand up. I've had a dull ache in my head and a sick feeling in my stomach, which I thought this would wear off after a granola bar, but nay, it is 5:00 pm and I still feel weak and groggy. Part of my aversion to bedtime is partly due to important late night projects like organizing my itunes library and talking on the phone to western friends 'til 4. Also, it's partly because of the gripping paranoia that strikes me right around midnight where I feel that sleep makes me vulnerable and too slow to respond if crises strike. I'm so tired though, disaster can come find me. I'll probably sleep right through it.

No comments: