Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mmm Haterade

Here comes the most ironic post yet; a post hating on haters. I understand that the Internet has created an international forum where the masses can state any opinion they want whether or not anyone cares to hear it. Often it's all complaints and pointless criticism. I read one blog that criticized every celebrity imaginable for such crimes of fashion such as being too colorful, too bland, too trendy, too boring or just too unusual. What kind of a society rails individuals for individuality? Or artists for creativity? Why are they being corrected? It seems that criticism is a mode of pushing people to conform to your set of beliefs. I think most people would agree this kind of thinking can be catastrophic, this kind of thinking creates "otherness" and has been known to destroy civilizations. How is it helpful to spew hatred at each other in hopes that we will all come out the same? Is that really the goal? It seems everyone with computer is jumping on the band wagon of hateful blogging. Most do it to be funny and convincing, and yet don't promote positive ideas, they only defame others. I'm not sure if it's meant to be cathartic or if people really view the world this way, in any case it just seems like an excuse to hate.

No comments: