Thursday, February 11, 2010
Now It's On
Not that I feel the need to always be on the cutting edge of music, but I'm starting to notice I'm behind the times. My friends keep telling me about bands I've never heard of, and I'm realizing I've been out of touch with new artists for kind of a while. I cling hard to my favorites. It's so hard to "learn" a new album, it just sounds strange and it's hard to connect to for the first few listens, even if the singles are good. So in keeping with my new year's resolution to listen to new music, I was listening to Grandaddy's album "Sumday" tonight. The first and second tracks remind me of Grizzly Bear with their ambient sound, but the 3rd or 4th track are a more upbeat and relatable and the vocals remind me of Belle and Sebastian. Also currently listening to Crystal Stilts which also have sort of garbled lyrics and ambient melodies. Typically I like a more dancey beat, but apparently at 1 am I prefer a slow jam. As I said, 24 has not been kind, I fell asleep at 8 pm...what?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment