Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm the Star of the Keytar

So my new favorite band is fictional. Yesterday, I rented the movie "Yes Man" only to watch the following segments with Zooey Deschanel's fictional band Munchausen By Proxy. I love the songs, and the over the top cheesiness of the performance, crazy costumes, and silly song lyrics ("I'm the star of the keytar", "I'm not your late night booty call") all make me laugh. Also I love how they have only 5 fans who she greets by name in song (Hello Jake, Penelope, Rodrigo, Phillip, Zachary!).  I almost like these songs better than the ones performed by Zooey's real band She & Him, mainly because there is a lot more synth and a DANCE beat. Yesss!
Watch this one too, it's amazing


1 comment:

Ranteumptom said...

According to Esquire magazine, Zooey is the woman that women would most like to sleep with, if they were inclined to sleep with women. 31% picked her, beating Megan Fox at 20%. So way to be mainstream.