Monday, December 1, 2008
Dentists; the only doctors who refuse to work on sick people
So I left the dentist today without cavities but not without reproof. I arrived promptly at 10:03 for my 10 O'Clock appointment, and was not chastised...yet. A dental hygenist showed me to my chair and took some x-rays, and stopped short when I mentioned I had a cold. "Are you carrying a fever? I don't work on people who are sick because then I get sick." "Um...should I reschedule....?" "No it's fine. But I mean, I'm working in your mouth." Yes, yes I realize that. You work for a dentist. I realize the risk here, but she was wearing gloves AND a face mask, what more do you need? I'm not sure what she expected me to say, though I wanted to say "Either ask me to leave or just get on with it". Maybe nobody warned her that if she crossed me I wouldn't be back for two whole years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that's insane. you should have stolen some 3 month old copies of People from the lobby. That would teach her.
Post a Comment