
I finally decided to buy a blender. I had an intense desire to attempt to make black bean burgers last night which call for one. In recent weeks I kept thinking of many reasons why I needed a blender (and suddenly I can't recall any). I grabbed the cheapest one at Walgreens and it seems to work alright. But the best part about it is that not only does it have 10 speeds, but rather than numbers each speed has an enthusiastic verb like "chop" "pulse" and my favorite "liquefy!". Some of these verbs seem to be nearly the same thing and some I wonder if a blender is really capable of achieving. I gave "chop" a go for some onions and peppers, but all it did was "liquefy" the bottom vegetables. My frustration lead me to try pressing every button, and in the end result was thoroughly liquified. It looks quite a bit like Calvin's toad stroganoff, but the burgers weren't bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment