In other news, my boot obsession lives on. I think obsession may be too soft a word for the crazed hunger that drives me to scour stores and websites relentlessly. I wonder if there is some kind of treatment for bootmania. I feel that might include excessive calf excercises that would make it impossible to fit into a boot. I realize it's getting out of hand but I justify it by telling myself I'm the Brangelina of boots and I'm saving the world by adopting a pair in every color. I found another pair on Etsy, and although they serve a different function than dream boots I & II, they trump both in all ways. I can't even begin to express it, let me start by thanking 1982 for saving the ideal pair of boots for me. These not only rank highly in aesthetics but in function! They're fleece lined, with rubber soles! So basically they're perfect for hiking the Andes (with my hispanic amigos), traipsing from the metro stop to my flat in soho (or really from denney hall to the institute building), and dancing the napoleon dynamite dance with my sweatpants tucked into them (which I actually did early this evening-to test them for quality of course). So while there are many things for which I thank the 80s, at present I am most thankful for my newest boots. Hopefully my appetite is satisfied for now. 

No comments:
Post a Comment