There's a glitch in the system. Today I stopped into Jimmy Guaco's for my usual post-shakespeare pre-anthro Burrito break and left the establishment somewhat elated and terribly confused. I ordered a bean burrito, which was about Chipotle size (fyi: these are LARGE, about the size of a guinea pig or premature baby). But that's not the crazy part. When I got to the register Burrito girl only charged me $2.85. I paused, "Are you sure it's $2.85....?" "Yeah. You didn't get meat so I just charged you for beans, rice and a side of guac." "Okay...". So I took my over-proportioned burrito and ran. While I scarfed my meal I wondered whether this was simply a new employee blunder or a loophole in the Jimmy Guaco's corporate infrastructure. I studied the menu, $4.79 for a veggie burrito (which included red and green peppers) plus tax. So had I really just saved myself $1.94 for skipping the peppers? Usually Chipotle tries to find anyway they can to ensure my meal never costs less than $6, meat or no meat, peppers or no peppers. I'm not sure whether you'll receive the same discount, but I highly recommend attempting to score a cheap burrito at Jimmy Guaco's, look for the cashier who seems a little confused and/or benevolent.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
The Great Burrito Glitch
There's a glitch in the system. Today I stopped into Jimmy Guaco's for my usual post-shakespeare pre-anthro Burrito break and left the establishment somewhat elated and terribly confused. I ordered a bean burrito, which was about Chipotle size (fyi: these are LARGE, about the size of a guinea pig or premature baby). But that's not the crazy part. When I got to the register Burrito girl only charged me $2.85. I paused, "Are you sure it's $2.85....?" "Yeah. You didn't get meat so I just charged you for beans, rice and a side of guac." "Okay...". So I took my over-proportioned burrito and ran. While I scarfed my meal I wondered whether this was simply a new employee blunder or a loophole in the Jimmy Guaco's corporate infrastructure. I studied the menu, $4.79 for a veggie burrito (which included red and green peppers) plus tax. So had I really just saved myself $1.94 for skipping the peppers? Usually Chipotle tries to find anyway they can to ensure my meal never costs less than $6, meat or no meat, peppers or no peppers. I'm not sure whether you'll receive the same discount, but I highly recommend attempting to score a cheap burrito at Jimmy Guaco's, look for the cashier who seems a little confused and/or benevolent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you should have ordered 10 at once just in case.
Post a Comment