Monday, January 11, 2010

Le Petit Prince



The Little Prince was not on my reading list, but I bought it while ago and had been wanting to read it. It's a beautiful book. Somehow I missed all its depth when I read it as a kid.

" I shouldn't have listened to her,' he confided to me one day. 'You must never listen to flowers. You must look at them and smell them. Mine perfumed my planet, but I didn't know how to enjoy that. The business about the tiger claws, instead of annoying me, ought to have moved me...'"

"And he confided further, 'In those days, I didn't understand anything. I should have judged her according to her actions, not her words. She perfumed my planet and lit up my life. I should never have run away! I ought to have realized the tenderness underlying her silly pretensions. Flowers are so contradictory! But I was too young to know how to love her.'"

No comments: