Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I might smack the next person who says backsplash

Let's just say some people are ridiculous. There are times in my workday where I'm required to say "backslash" in referencing a url address. For some reason no one seems to be familiar with this term. "Backsplash? Backsplash? Did you say backSPLASH??". No, I didn't. I'm sorry, but is there a key on your keyboard called a "backsplash"? Do you really think I'm saying backSPLASH? Or are you just too lazy to consider what the word might actually be? Oh yes, the "backsplash" the key inbetween a and s with a frisky dolphin doing back flips on it. If someone was serving birthday cake and said "would you like a piece of cake?" If you misheard them you wouldn't scream "APE? APE? Do I want a piece of APE?" You would think, hm, we are gathered here eating cake, does the word "ape" fit into this context? When you misunderstand someone, isn't the instinct to try to place it within context to figure out what was meant, rather than to continue to scream the misinterpreted word as if it were some kind of obscenity. BACKSPLASH? BACKSPLASH? Maybe if you continue to scream it will finally make sense.

1 comment:

Steph said...

you almost made mountain dew come out of my nose.